Monday, April 26, 2010

I need a drink!

Whew - its been crazy! I had court Tuesday of last week. I testify for either the defense or prosecution about biological evidence in criminal cases as a Forensic Biologist. Its NOTHING like what you see on TV. I spent hours at the courthouse (not to mention the 2 hours it took to get there & then 2 more back) doing absolutely NOTHING. It was pretty easy though! The rest of the week I continued brushing up on my training articles and performing experiments. I've got to get all this done so I can become proficient at my job again. That's one of the goods & bads about the work I do... We take proficiency tests each year that are given to us by an outside company. They're good to keep analysts honest & doing what they're supposed to (good). They're bad b/c they're kind of a drag to do. However, the important thing is to do my job correctly. I'm an unbiased witness to whatever crime may or may not have happened. Although I work for the state police, I don't get paid any more if a case turns up the results the officer wants or not. So its in everyone's best interest (particularly the victim & suspect) that I simply do my job w/o getting carried away emotionally by the suspected crime. Those are the analysts that you see on TV - getting personally involved. However, in the real world, those analysts would FAIL to do JUSTICE most of the time.

Potty training didn't turn out to be part of the program this weekend. Mother-nature gave me a lickin', so status quo was the name of the game. The foobs are holding up pretty well. As long as I don't lean into my work-bench too much or look down too often I can almost forget they're not really a part of me. However, I do catch myself studying myself sometimes to make sure its not obvious they're fake. Ooohhh! I'm so happy the scabs finally healed up so I'm now able to take my relaxing baths whenever I want! I love bubbles & relaxing! Its even better w/ a snifter of Wild Turkey Honey! ;-)

Rachel LOVES her bananas though. I mashed them up and some I froze, but one whole banana was put in the fridge. She hasn't had any reaction at all to it. Tonight she ate a HUGE portion! Tomorrow is her & my new mother-in-law's (Andrew's dad remarried in December) first day together. Hopefully it won't be too much for either of them! Simon is doing great even though he's not potty training. He's rambunctious and adorable. Rachel is chubby & adorable. What more could any mom ask for?!?! Oh, Andrew's irascible and adorable too! ;-) Even though I hate working (I don't necessarily hate the work - I'd just rather spend time w/ my kiddos), I have a pretty good life. I love my family & that's really all that matters!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box