Friday, February 5, 2010

Busy week

We had a busy week this week. Wednesday we went down to Madisonville to visit my co-workers. Simon was a big hit b/c he's grown so much. He's able to entertain everyone w/ his words & actions. Of course, he's so shy (NOT!) he doesn't say anything... Actually we couldn't get him quiet for them to actually do work! Rachel amazed them all b/c she's already so big. They teased me & told me she was already half-grown since this is the first time they've seen her.

Its weird to go down there now. Its been so long since I've been there to work (July 30 was my last day). There have been 2 new hires (both women Thank God!) and my partner (other biologist) is now full-time in Madisonville. One of the mainstays of the lab has moved to another lab (yep, Joe, I called you a mainstay). One of the other guys has gone & gotten married! I guess everything else is pretty much the same, but its just weird to go there & not actually have the responsibility of working!

As if that didn't wear me down enough, we had James & his entourage (Jen & Vickie) over on Thursday. Simon & James had a wonderful time playing w/ Simon's various toys. James even let Simon tackle him repeatedly - even though Simon outweighs him by at least 5 lbs! We had lunch together and everything. We even had Rachel for a little bit of entertaining.

Today was a relaxing day - except Rachel apparently didn't get the memo. When I got to mom's this afternoon they told me that she got up at 2, 4, and finally 6 am. That's not typical for her. At least lucky for me (Thank God) mom & dad had her not me. So when I got there she had made a mess all over herself, so she got a wardrobe change first thing. Then she decided that she didn't want to sleep or be quiet - she wanted to be held while I stood! I wasn't allowed to sit or lay, just stand! We can't decide if she's feeling better or worse. She's also eating more, so we're leaning toward her feeling better.

Of course, now, Simon seems like he's not feeling as well. His nose is running clear & he's coughing a little. He's also sleeping a whole lot! I actually had to wake him up from his nap at 430 pm. That's really unusual! He's also really sensitive. Even watching a cartoon where the characters are in 'danger' is making him ask us to change the channel. For anyone w/ a little one that loves vehicles - I highly recommend Bigfoot Presents: Meteor and the Mighty Monster Trucks. Simon absolutely loves it! I'm feeling a little scratchy myself, but I'm pretty happy regardless!

Andrew is glad the work-week is over. He's worked really hard this week to get things in order before we leave for Houston. Its hard that we're going to be gone for so much of February. We're really going to have to hurry back for Simon's birthday next weekend. Then we're just going to have to turn around & leave again. :-( My poor babies are going to live with mom & dad (said sarcastically & w/ pity for myself not them). Actually, its probably poor mom & dad to have to put up w/ both my kiddos when they're not feeling 100%. Since they're so great they say they're glad to do it! I love my parents to death!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box