Wednesday, December 2, 2009

bad news - need encouragement

Well, here's the bump in the road I mentioned yesterday...

While I was in the hospital I felt another lump in close proximity to the 1st. I've had another ultrasound & the oncologist is pretty sure its another tumor - possibly this time in my lymph node... The mass is 1.7 cm already. The theory is that it began growing once I quit the chemo 7 weeks ago. That's one quick growing/aggressive tumor! I'm feeling pretty down & overwhelmed right now. Anything would be better it seems...

The plan of action at this moment is to start my chemo as scheduled on December 8. Andrew & I will then be making a trip to Houston starting December 13th for further testing at MD Anderson. So far I know they're going to do a ultrasound guided core biopsy on December 14th. I'm also trying to go ahead & get all my consultations done at that time as well. I won't really know anything more until after December 14th.

The blessing is that Rachel is just fine. Hopefully there won't be any more complications in my treatment. I knew it was going to be a long hard road, but this is putting another up-hill struggle in the mix that I wasn't expecting. Andrew is going to be there every step of the way...

By the way today was mine & Andrew's 3rd wedding anniversary. Not a very good way to celebrate 3 years, but we have been blessed both w/ children as well as with each other. Here's hoping we get at least 3 more years! I love my husband tremendously.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Erika- Congrats on a beautiful family and three years together. Have faith that there will be not only 3 more, but 53 more years together. I am sorry to hear the latest news, it brings tears to my eyes. You are an incredibly strong woman to have gone through all you have already, remind yourself of your strength. God knows your strength as well and will provide for you throughout this fight. Have faith in God and modern medicine and you will get through this. I am praying for you.

Nancy said...

Hang in there! I hate bumps in the road...especially when you have cancer. You are NOT alone and you will be ok.

Anonymous said...

Erika-I stumbled across you blog a few days ago, and I wanted to congratulate you on the new baby and to let you know that you and your beautiful family are in my family's prayers. God bless!

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box