Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor day...

We have a busy weekend planned. Tomorrow is a party for Jeffrey, my cousin, who turned 6 on the 2nd of this month! Then Andrew & his dad are having a fish fry at our house. Then Sunday mom & dad are having a "Bite-sized" party. Everyone is bringing appetizers that are bite sized! Of course, Sunday is always church day! I'm afraid I'm going to be exhausted!

Today was a bit hard. Andrew was running a bit late, so he left Simon with me this morning. We got up and had to get ready for going to town. Not a hard task normally, but right now - just getting myself ready wears me out! Then we picked up mom & headed into Owensboro. We only went 2 places - Walmart & Sam's. Granted those two places are huge, but we needed supplies for the parties. We were only supposed to 'run' into Walmart & back out. However, once we got there we ran into Sheila - Andrew's dad's wife-to-be. Then we ran into Brenda, Andrew's mom. Our quick trip also got slowed down by the fact that they're 're-organizing' Walmart.

Don't you *HATE* when they 're-organize' a store that you're familiar w/? You go in for something quick that you know exactly where to find it, but all the sudden its somewhere else! I wonder if that's sometimes how God feels in our lives. We're constantly re-organizing our lives and moving Him around. One day we promise Him that He'll always be 1st in our lives. Then we get busy w/ work, friends, and even family. Then we tell Him again, well, my spouse needs me too, so I promise I'll get to You at least daily & on Sundays. Then we're so exhausted from our other activities that we're lucky if we offer Him a quick prayer nightly & barely an hour on Sunday. When things go wrong in our lives, we expect to be 1st on God's list. However, we don't realize that sometimes our trials are His way of making us better & reminding us that we *DO* need Him.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box