Thursday, August 13, 2009

Still hanging in there!

I'm pleased to report that my hair is still hanging in there. It seems as though my leg hair may have gotten the message to not grow back, but thankfully, my head hair isn't following suit. Of course, I still have some leg hair that grew back, but its just not as quickly growing as usual. My energy has definitely gotten the message to not come back. I actually have to rest after taking a shower or doing anything. Its kind of frustrating since most of you guys know I'm usually the 1st one to get up & do stuff. However, I've been told that is just how my life will be until I'm through w/ all this junk. I guess as side-effects go - this isn't a bad one. It could definitely be worse!

Simon is apparently at that age where he's constantly testing boundaries & seems to live for disobedience. Right now our big issue is running on the couch. I think I put him on the floor 6 times w/n the space of less than 5 minutes as a consequence of this. He's also rebelling against naps. He did ok yesterday in the race-car bed but that was probably b/c he was SO tired. Right now he's in his bed squawking because he's afraid he'll miss something fun. He'll go to sleep eventually. He's so cute, but he is quite a hand-full!

Andrew's doing pretty good through all this too. I think he de-stresses sometimes by completely shutting down (ie taking day-long on/off naps), but if I ask for something - he generally gives me what I need. I don't think its quite sunk in yet that I'm sick & more tired/weak than normal though. If I'm having a hard time dealing w/ that aspect, I can only imagine his struggle b/c I keep trying to look like I'm ok even when I'm battling. I'm sure it'll all work out though.

Mom & dad are the best! They've been there - done that so they are my go-to people. I ask mom all kinds of chemo/cancer related questions. She answers when she can. I hope I'm not bringing up bad memories for her though.

Everyone at work is great too. I've got my supervisor fighting w/ an attorney for me. I've got people I don't even know donating time to me. I've got people I don't even know plus people I do know praying for me all over the state. Its great to be such a far-flung close-knit group like this!

My friends are really stepping up too. I get comments on here & facebook that help me realize I do have people out there who care. I hope I'm not too self-involved to pay them proper attention.

All in all, this pregnancy/cancer bit is showing me just how blessed I truly am. Maybe that's my silver-lining! :-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box