Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Doing the blood happy dance!

Yesterday I went to have my blood checked & again the results were normal to slighly low! I'm still exhausted, but I guess I have a couple of excuses for that! ;-) After my blood test mom, Sarah, Simon, and I all went to the American Cancer Society. I was going to have them give me a hair cut, but they don't do that there. They have volunteers around town who do it for free, but not in the building. Anyway, I tried on another wig & liked it enough to get it. Its a little lighter brown w/ some highlights. Its short as well. I also got a scarf & a hat. I'm trying to get prepared for the complete hair loss. I think I'll have mom cut my hair today (if she has time) to be a bit shorter. I'm having a hard time not running my hands through my hair to see if its still coming out. Maybe if its shorter I won't have that same temptation... Yeah, I know wishful thinking. Oh well, its all going to come out sometime anyway. Maybe if I'm lucky when it comes back it'll be black & curly like mom's was!

Today is all about trying to catch up on some business that needs doing... I've got a couple (three?) depositions that I have to give an attorney from Paducah/McCracken Co. This attorney is the only one giving me trouble over my medical leave of absence & his cases... :-( I'm also working on insurance-type papers. Trying to get reimbursed for travel expenses and procedures - gotta love Cancer policies! Rachel is being her typical active self. She's decided that my bladder is one of those bouncy toys that just begs to be jumped on ALL THE TIME! I'm drinking a fruit smoothy (I even added a bit of milk) to feed her. I'm not all that hungry - so I have to get creative. I'm also washing the sheets & trying to keep the house picked up a little bit. All-in-all I'm fairly busy - especially when you factor in that I have to take breaks all the time b/c I'm so tired. Par for the course & all that jazz! :-) Ya'll have a great day!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box