Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another day!






Today is going to be a low-key day. I got my blood test results back & they were actually low-normal, so the doc was very pleased. I'm glad the results were good, but in a way it makes me feel like I'm a weenie for feeling so drained & tired. I was hoping I'd at least have the excuse of low blood levels to blame! Of course, Dr. M (the oncologist) wants to blame all my symptoms on pregnancy, so he says that's why I'm tired. Oh well, bottom line is that I'm moderately healthy, but inordinately tired. I guess the reason/excuse doesn't really matter!

Last night Andrew & I brought Simon's race-car toddler bed into the house. Actually, Andrew did all the heavy lifting - I held Simon back from the door. The bed was a HUGE hit w/ Simon. Its a blue Little Tikes race-car. Thanks to Jill & Chris (and their boys) he has a Lightning McQueen sheet set. Once I got the bed made he couldn't wait to start jumping and climbing on it! He's still used to his crib, so walking on the bed hasn't been ruled out in his mind yet. However, we're going to work on it.

He's not quite ready for this bed yet, but we may try it out for some naps in the near future. I just want him to get the idea that bed isn't such a bad place - especially this bed. Rachel is going to use the crib, but she'll be in our room for at least the first 3 months I'd say. Simon stayed in our room till he was 6 months old, but I was nursing him... Since Rachel is being forced to be a forumla baby, she may surprise us and sleep through the night earlier. I can dream anyway!


This is how his first times (perhaps months) in the bed are going to be controlled! That way he only has a little room to mess around in! Thanks to my brother & his wife for the idea - they used it on their little girl too!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Smiling already at 2 weeks

Smiling already at 2 weeks
Rachel has been smiling as a response to other people since day one.

And two shall become one...

And two shall become one...
In 2006, Andrew & I became one before God and family! Shortly thereafter we became 3 with the birth of Simon in 2008... Then 4 with the addition of Rachel in 2009!

Erika's Miracle Journey Continues's Fan Box